Thursday 10 October 2013

The Healing Powers of Tai Chi

I read a story on a Chinese news website about a young man who contracted terminal cancer.

This was obviously devastating to him, but he resolved to make use of whatever time he had left. One of the things he did, was take up Tai Chi (Taijiquan).

Now I know all about the benefits of the system, but this man was to experience them for a further twenty years (and counting).

I'm not saying Tai Chi cured his cancer, I would never say that.

But what is not in doubt, is Tai Chi assisting in the health and general well being of its practitioners.

I mentioned in my book, The Essence of Martial Arts that Tai Chi could be considered as the Supreme Ultimate Art.

If even a small part of the practise assisted in the man's health, we can feel proud every time we practise Chen, Yang, or whatever style we happen to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment